Before deciding if PrEP is for you or not, take a look at your sex and/or drug use habits. Keep in mind PrEP is for everyone, not just a specific group of people.
You might consider PrEP if any of the following apply to you:
- Have had anal or vaginal sex in the past six months
- Have a sexual partner who is HIV positive
- Do not use condoms consistently
- Have been diagnosed with an STI in the past six months
- Share needles, syringes, and other drug equipment
You might be at a higher risk if you participate in any of these behaviors. It might be time to consider PrEP. PrEP is highly effective when taken as prescribed by your health care provider. PrEP does not protect against STIs, always wear a condom to protect yourself from other STIs.
For more information about PrEP, please call Janet Miller at 816-901-1034.