November 11, 2016 | Northwest Health is excited to announce the implementation of the Veteran’s Choice Program.
The program improves access to care for Veterans across the United States. The goal of the program according to VA Secretary Robert A. McDonald “is to do all we can to remove the barriers that separate Veterans from the care they deserve.”
The VA Choice Program allows local Veterans to use Northwest Health Services as their clinic, and Veterans need only to follow a few steps.
If a Veteran is enrolled in a VA medical care plan they need to meet one of the following criteria to see a medical provider or behavioral health counselor:
- Live more than 40 miles from a VA facility.
- Have a wait time of 30 days or longer than medically appropriate.
- Have an unusual or excessive burden for travel to the nearest VA facility.
In order for a Veteran to schedule an appointment with Northwest Health they need to:
- Call the number on their Veteran’s Choice Program card
- Wait for the VA Choice Program Representative
- The VA Choice Representative will work with the Veteran to authorize an appointment with Northwest Health Services
- The Veteran will be contacted with an appointment time and authorization number for their visit with the clinic
The Veteran’s Choice Program aligns with Northwest Health’s goals as a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC). A FQHC provides access for all, provides a venue for connecting with Veterans in their communities, opens opportunities to partner with Veteran service organizations, Officers and nonprofits.
Northwest Health Services is an organization of Federally Qualified Community Health Centers (FQHC’s) with locations spread over 15 counties. Northwest Health Services health centers are local, non-profit, community-owned health care providers serving low income and medically underserved communities. Northwest Health Services is located in areas where care is needed but scarce, and improves access to care for Americans regardless of their insurance status.
For more information about Northwest Health Services visit www.nwhealth-services.org