August 17, 2020
COVID-19 Update (August 17, 2020)
An update from our COVID-19 testing team:
As most people in our community are aware, the team here at NHS has been testing for COVID every single day since March when the virus hit our nation at a fast rate. We have a travel test team who have been on the ground working super hard to ensure our communities can stay safe and keep from spreading the virus to one another. Here are a few things the team is currently working on:
- Mass Testing – the team is traveling to various locations and organizations to mass test groups of people. The team will travel and test anywhere from 1-3 different places a week!
- Hiring a Test Team – NHS received a grant for the next year to hire a full-time testing team to travel. Most of those positions have now been filled to help ensure that our team is getting necessary rest and breaks as needed.
- PPE – The team is constantly looking for PPE. If you have any information you would like to share with us, please send us a direct message or reach out to us via the contact page of our website at this link: http://www.nwhealth-services.org/for-patients/contact/
- Stolen Trailer – Our COVID supplies trailer was discovered, however the trailer was sadly empty when found. Thank you to everyone who shared the information and helped us locate our trailer, we’re super grateful for the support.
- Schedule a Test – as always, we’re continuing to test for COVID at our clinics. If you would like to be tested, you can call our triage line (816) 596-2301 or you can use our make an appointment form on the website (https://www.nwhealth-services.org/for-patients/appointments/) and select COVID-19 Online Triage. #covid19 #covidupdate #stjoemo #health #northwesthealthservices
Corey Myers Digital Marketing Manager