the_time('F'); ?> the_time(' j, Y'); ?>
National Health Center Week 2016
August 1, 2016 | It’s August, and everyone here at Northwest Health is gearing up for National Health Center Week, August 7-13! National Health Center Week has been celebrated for more than 30 years to recognize the services and contributions of Community, Migrant, Homeless and Public Housing Health Centers. There are many reasons to celebrate America’s Health Centers, among the most important is their long term success in providing access to affordable, high quality, cost effective health care to people all throughout the United States.
SAVING YOU MONEY
Health centers started more than 50 years ago as a pilot project during President Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty. Today, they have compiled a significant record of success that includes reducing ethnic health and income disparities nationwide and producing $24 billion in annual health system savings for our nation.
The average non-health center user spends $5,306 per year on services such as the ER, hospital inpatient, ambulatory and other services, while users who take advantage of a health center spend on average $4,043 per year for those same services. Do the math and that’s $1,263 staying in your pocket!
NWHS HEALTH CENTER WEEK SCHEDULE
In honor of National Health Center week, Northwest Health will be hosting open house events at every one of our clinics throughout the region. Please drop by for refreshments and say hello, we would love to connect with you and answer any questions you might have in regards to our health center. Here is the schedule:
- Monday, Aug 8, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Mound City Medical/Dental Clinic (Mound City, Missouri) AND Northwest Family Dental (St. Joseph, Missouri)
- Tuesday, Aug 9, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Hamilton/Pharmacy (Hamilton, Missouri) 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Savannah Medical/Dental Clinic (Savannah, Missouri)
- Wednesday, Aug 10, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – North End Health Center (St. Joseph, Missouri)
- Thursday, Aug 11, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Family Medicine Associates/Behavioral Health (St. Joseph, Missouri) 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – South Side Health Center (St. Joseph, Missouri)
- Friday, Aug 12 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – King City Clinic (King City, Missouri)
We look forward to seeing you at one of our locations! Have a great day and be sure to check back for more blogs and updates from your friends here at Northwest Health.